GE Power & Water
For our Quality Team we are looking for a
Master Black Belt for Global Supply Chain
Job Reference # 1660552
The master black belt (MBB) is a key change agent driving all disciplines of quality cross functionally focusing on product and process improvements. We are looking for an engaging leader who can successfully apply Lean Six Sigma leadership to solve business critical challenges and drive operational excellence within our Global Supply Chain business. You are part of a high performance quality team executing multiple projects cross functionally and will help shape the future of our business with the impactful results.
- Be a cross functional change agent for Global Supply Chain, be an enthusiastic advocate of quality, stop the line!
- Focus on pro-active quality leading to lower Cost of Quality.
- Lead targeted action work using lean six sigma tools resulting in measurable business impact.
- Provide leadership & guidance for black belts, actively engage in Greenbelt training curriculum.
- Provide leadership & guidance on quality for employees, represent the quality objectives for the business
- Provide impactful metrics driving operational excellence and employee engagement. Ensure continuity, gage & controllership.
- Help drive Big Y’s for the business, assist in driving operational defect reduction along the value chain.
- Benchmark against best in class tools & methods, share best practice examples with Waukesha & within GE.
- Feed Continuous Improvement process, support issue resolution through CAPA, support RCA’s and ensure long term improvements
- Ensure control of non-conforming product & process with a sense of urgency
- Drive continuous development of the quality team, effective and successful leadership of the operational quality team
- Successful cross functional teamwork & communication. Award measurable success and engagement.
- Advocate required framework audits, help drive QMS engagement and Element owners with core process development
- Advocate NPS (Net Promoter Score), provide customer view to the business.
- University degree/ degree of university of applied science
- Excellent communication skills in English and German. Further language preferred.
- Min. 8 years working experience in automotive as well as multinational industries with demonstrable results.
- Strong project management, coordination, change managment, influencing & leadership skillset.
- Ability to be successful in a matrix organization
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial thinking, able to work with minimal supervision
- Lean Six Sigma mindset, strong analytical and statistical skillset required, knowledge of operational financial data
- BB or MBB or previous quality leadership or leadership experience preferred. Auditing experience preferred.
- Strong team player, inclusive & open minded approach, high say/do ratio, strong interpersonal skillset, proven change agent
- Work location is Jenbach, Austria.
- Work permit for Austria is a prerequisite.
According to Austrian law job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EURO 3150,45 gross monthly. Please note that this is the very minimum salary and will most likely be higher. The effective salary is based on the candidate’s Qualification and Experience and will be negotiated accordingly.
Welcome to GE!
We are looking forward to receive your application through our career portal www.ge.com/careers.
GE Power & Water’s gas engines business provides highly efficient and reliable gas engine technology for power generation and compression including heat recovery solutions and related service offerings to industrial customers around the globe. The business is built on three product lines including the Waukesha gas engines based in Waukesha, Wisconsin (US), Jenbacher gas engines with main operation in Jenbach, Austria, as well as the Clean Cycle heat recovery technology, which is produced in Stuart, Florida (US). Each business segment drives a strategy based on customer needs and market dynamics with basic strategic guidelines coming from the overall gas engines headquarters in Austria.