920 Product Service Engineer - Electrical/Controls/Software (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a 920 Product Service Engineer - Electrical/Controls/Software (m/f),
The Product Service Engineer is the engineering support for the Service Organization, in particular for the type 920 engine. The PSE will mainly focus on troubleshooting and data analysis both on site and remotely ensuring highest availability and reliability of the 920 fleet. She/he will be the technical interface between the customer, service organization and the engineering team in Jenbach (Austria).
- Analyze and monitor fielded type 920 engines with respect to availability, reliability and engine trips and warnings
- Troubleshoot engine and BoP shutdowns/issues on site and remote and provide technical support to field and service crew. Main focus is on electrical, controls and software issues
- Identify the customer issue and work with engineering team for long and short-term corrective action
- Drive Root Cause Analyses and site investigations of equipment issues / failures and present findings updates to customer(s)
- Travel to customer sites to support/resolve critical and/or safety related field issues including creation of travel reports. Execute needed parts or software changes to resolve issue
- Communicate fleet and product issues to engineering teams, commercial teams, and product line leaders to identify new opportunities and drive development of effective offerings
- Lead, manage and execute fleet programs on type 920 sites
- Propose to and implement with MyPlant Team Condition Based Maintenance algorithm based on fleet data analyses
- Identify potential engine and plant upgrades (CM&U) and lead technical execution of such
- Lead technical meetings with customers to address business critical technical issues and corrective/preventive actions as well as to quantify commercial exposure
- Provide oversight of Key Customer Initiative report development, present report and recommendations to customers and partners
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Experienced on Reciprocating Engine design, operation, maintenance, or equivalent
- Experienced in engine, plant or systems commissioning and/or operation with focus on controls, electrical and software matters
- Available for 30-50% travel time, shift working times and call on duty over weekends
- Functional knowledge of Reciprocating engine design, structure & operation
- BS degree or above in a technical discipline (electrical engineering, control engineering or mechatronics)
- EPlan and Automation Studio experience
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Fluent both verbally and written in English
- Commercial sensitivity with a focus on customer needs
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
GE Power provides a broad array of power generation, energy delivery, and water process technologies to solve your challenges locally. We work in several areas of the energy industry, including renewable resources such as wind and solar, biogas and alternative fuels, and coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear energy. We also develop advanced technologies to help solve some of the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.