Eilmeldungen vervielfachen Besucherzahlen in kurzer Zeit, permanent wechselnde Inhalte sollen in Sekunden verfügbar sein und schnelle Release-Zyklen dürfen eine ständige Verfügbarkeit nicht gefährden: So begegnet die TT diesen Herausforderungen.
Cloud Engineer (f/m/d)Bezirk Innsbruck-Stadt (Innsbruck, Österreich)
About the role
As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will lead new initiatives and contribute to projects aimed at improving our infrastructure, processes, systems, and automation. As a Cloud Engineer at Cropster you will collaborate tightly with the software development team and exchange ideas and find solutions for challenges together. We believe in the power of creative lateral thinkers and prefer collaboration as our mode of work.
You will build a deep understanding of our services that power the specialty coffee industry. Combined with your infrastructure and cloud knowledge, you will help us pushing the envelope further by expanding our data centric view on one of the world's most loved, and programmers essential product: good coffee ☕. You will use Terraform for building amazing, reliable and reproducible services for a global audience.
We’re looking for someone with experience in a infrastructure role in a AWS environment, but we don’t expect you to know every other part of our stack coming in. We are happy to invest in people that showcase passion and a willingness to learn. What you need to posses are excellent communication and collaboration skills. A good understanding of software development best practices and the ability to calmly and systematically trouble shoot issues are essential too. However, you will never be on your own, we value collaboration and support across department boundaries and roles.
What you will do
- Design and implement scalable, reliable and secure infrastructures for our services in AWS
- Improve the automation of our software development life cycle
- Manage the configuration of cloud services using infrastructure as code
- Perform research and make in depth analysis of infrastructure projects
- Keep our environments and services up-to-date and running
- Continuously improve and refine deployment strategy (CI/CD)
- Improve our monitoring and alerting strategy for our services
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to investigate and resolve production issues
- Incident and event response together with the software engineers.
Our technology stack
- Amazon Web Services (EKS, CloudFront, IAM, EC2, Aurora MySQL and many more)
- Terraform / Terragrunt
- Linux (Debian, Alpine, Ubuntu)
- Docker containers and docker-compose
- Git, Bitbucket, Jira, CircleCI, Sentry, DataDog
- IoT sensor gateways and time series databases
- In the future: Amazon Managed Workflows for Apache Airflow (MWAA) for our machine learning workflows.
We are looking for people with
- Experience in an infrastructure role working with AWS services e.g. IAM, VPC, EKS, Aurora, SQS, EC2, Lambda.
- Familiarity with Linux and networking
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Terraform in particular.
- Knowledge of containerization, preferably Docker and Kubernetes.
- Able to calmly and efficiently debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills conducive to teamwork and collaboration.
- Computer Science background and fundamentals, or equivalent work experience.
- A strong command of written and spoken English.
That said, we'd be particularly delighted to hire someone with
- Background utilizing and supporting log analytical tools such as DataDog.
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Hands on programming experience with Java.
- Knowledge of additional languages (humane and machine).
At this point Cropster will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Austria for this opening.
Cropster is the market leader in software for the specialty coffee industry. We work with farmers, exporters, importers and roasters in over 90 countries around the world to help them deliver a better more sustainable cup of coffee.
We’re a fast growing and highly customer focussed business. With a successful history of over 10 years, close collaboration with customers across the world and the coffee supply chain. We believe that work-life balance is more than a catch phrase; it is a part of our success. We encourage empowerment and taking over responsibilities. We provide our team with room to grow within our organization to develop their interests and expertise whatever their current experience level. We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is €45K to 55K gross and we look at factors like your experience and individual qualifications to determine our offer, which includes benefits like an educational budget and an endless stream of really great coffee. We also make our best possible offer upfront—no games
We are looking for a highly motivated Cloud Engineer to become part of our team in Innsbruck. Join us and be part of a great team focused on creating the foundation upon which our core applications and services run. Cropster is growing and our infrastructure needs to keep getting bigger. We are collecting, processing and analyzing a broad range of process data. Our applications discover and visualize insights into roast, sensorial, environmental, brew and other coffee related data sets for our global audience at scale so they can make better and smarter decisions.