Gehaltsverhandlungen werden oft als ein heikles Thema wahrgenommen. Der Profi erklärt, wie man eine Strategie für die Gehaltsverhandlung ausarbeiten kann.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Consulting Engineer Validation (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
The Consulting Engineer (CE) has demonstrated technical depth in a business, technology, or science while applying state-of-the-art technology to solve difficult technical problems. The CE is sought throughout their GE business for assistance on difficult problems in their field and guidance for interfaces with adjacent technical domains and is likely to have technical awards, patents, and/or publications.
CEs lead major technical initiatives, champion advancement in state-of-the-art technology, assist or conduct design reviews, mentor PEs and senior engineers and benchmark their technology domain. He/She will have a deep Reciprocating Engine system knowledge, be a clear communicator with the ability to work cross-functionally within a matrixed organization. They will be capable in developing new test methods (both in the Lab and for Field engines), directly execute critical tests and provide technical mentoring to less experienced validation engineers.
- Work with relevant Engineering functional teams to support completion of system hierarchies, functional block diagrams, CTQ flow-down, and identification of risk using DFMEAS. Then use these tools to enable precise identification and execution of validation activities for both existing and new products
- Technically develop new test methodology (both in the Lab and for Field engines) to ensure gathering of accurate Validation results in an efficient manner
- Ensures adherence to DFR/DFSS methodology to develop validation activities which support reliability growth
- Identify requirements for new and existing validation Design Practices (DP’s) through the DP creation/update process. Review standard DP’s prior to approval by the Chief Engineer’s office, providing guidance and feedback throughout the process
- Provide technical leadership to the Global PMO & Systems Engineering Team and build working relationships with other Engineering functional teams. Ensure execution of engine validation programs from concept and into production for both existing and new products
- Review and approve written technical reports. Lead together with the functional leaders the preparation of validation reports, ensuring that all validation related action items are closed prior to Technical reviews
- Assist multiple validation projects simultaneously. Provide guidance to lead engineers and engineers to abate the identified risks
- Directly lead and execute the test activities related to “business critical” programs
- Support the Service engineering team in validating root cause analysis findings
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers regarding validation related issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Profound engineering experience in product development of Reciprocating engines
- Several years engineering experience in Validation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; integrative team working style
- Capability to work in teams
- Fluent in English
- Approximately 10% travelling time is anticipated
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Proven track record in project management
- Ability to effectively provide direction and training to other engineers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate in German.
- Excellent English skills
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3501.99 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.