This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Enabling Technologies Manager (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
The Enabling Technologies Manager – directs technology development activities focused on systems, applications, performance, controls, mechanical & disruptive technologies. Additionally, this individual manages our external development activities and relationships (Internal GE, University, Vendor JDA’s etc) and will partner with engineering platform team and Chief Engineer’s office to lead strategic technology planning.
Job reference #3099882
- Develop, mentor, and manage a team of engineers and scientists across a multi-disciplinary space in distributed power
- Partner with Marketing, Product Line & Engineering leaders to develop SMP and MGPP. Build collaboration across the organization to develop and manage the NTI budget, resources and relationships with Chief Engineer’s Office, GRC, GE Power, Additive and Transportation
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to drive technology development for reciprocating engines from R&D through release with NPI.
- Serve as technical expert in the GE community through demonstrated technical accomplishments including component design and systems design experience, and strong knowledge of mechanical design fundamentals
- Support IP strategy & drive innovation around product cost, performance & reliability
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Math or Science from an accredited university or college
- Multi-year technical leadership experience
- Significant years of experience developing engine and application related technologies
- Significant experience with clean sheet engine design, & technology demonstration
- Experience with developing analysis tools for component, performance and system design.
- Experience with developing business cases for new products and technologies.
- The position may require ~20% travel to global engineering centers, GRC and customer visitation.
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2866.92 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- PhD or equivalent in engineering, math or science
- Prior experience leading innovation and product development
- Proven track record in innovation of technology & products with cross organizational leadership experience and cooperation with external partners (Gov’t, customers, vendors)
- Strong coaching expertise and success in working across the business functions, other GE businesses, and the global teams
- Solid business acumen and customer mindset
- Strong oral/written communication skills, and mature interpersonal/leadership skills
- Six Sigma certification