Mit dem Fahrrad zur Arbeit zu fahren schont die Umwelt und bringt auch sonst einige Vorteile mit sich. Wer jetzt einen Lebenslauf hochlädt, kann mit ein bisschen Glück einen 500 €-Gutschein für Bike Point - Radsport Innsbruck gewinnen.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Engineer Software Development - IoT Backend (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power System
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for an Engineer Software Development - IoT Backend (m/f). Job #3065980.
- Working in the technology department closely with the service engineering, to develop software solutions for RM&D, Analytics and Big Data
- Use modern software design processes and tools for concept, design & validation of software (remote control software, data analytics, engine HMI software and related software tools) for the ongoing development of current products and new products to be introduced in GEJ portfolio
- Apply related software development standards, guidelines, design practices and legal instructions to design reliable and compliant products
- Provide meaningful software documentation (user manuals, setup instructions, test reports and FAQ’s)
- Provide technical input at detailed level to lead and senior engineers for inclusion into guidelines and standard design practices
- Organization of software usability tests for commercial softwareWork on multiple projects simultaneously, under the supervision and guidance of lead and senior engineers
- Bachelors/master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related
- Working knowledge about software development and testing standards and techniques (Unit Tests, TDD)
- Experience in software development of server applications with Java
- Experience developing APIs and REST web services
- Databases (relational and/or NoSQL)
- Experience with data structures, information retrieval, HTTP and TCP/IP
- Experience with Linux/Unix environments, distributed systems, performance analysis
- Affinity to design software on a high quality and maintainability level
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Knowledge regarding software development and related processes (Agile)
- Experience with Spring boot and/or Scala (Spray, Play)
- Experience with Micro Services architectures (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with Statistical and analytic programming design and technologies (Matlab, R, etc.)
- Familiarity in dealing with large time series data sets (Big Data)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2785.54 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
|Arbeitsort||Bezirk Schwaz (Bahnhofstraße 1-3, 6200 Jenbach, Österreich)|
IT, Software, Telekommunikation