Engineer Trade Control, Technical Regulations and Product Safety (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
Broad scope Engineering position covering International Trade Controls (ITC), Technical Regulations & Standards (TRS) and Product Safety. Working as part of an international team, the role requires learning and application of International Trade Controls, Technical Regulations and Standards, and Product Safety methods and processes.
Job Reference #3154170
Primary tasks include import / export classification and record file management, product compliance evaluations to ensure compliance to Technical Regulations & Standards and product safety assessments.
- Perform import / export classification, record file management and become business expert in ITC related topics
- Read, interpret and communicate changes in Technical Regulations and standards
- Assist in the development of action plans to efficiently comply with product regulations
- Perform product compliance evaluations to assure product conformance to Technical Regulations & Standards
- Initiate and follow to conclusion CSA hazardous location certification projects
- Facilitate Safety Reviews of products, systems and/or components as part of new product development and modification and update of existing products
- Lead cross-functional teams to address ITC, TRS and product-safety related issues
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis process on field TRS and safety issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Moderate to advanced competency with MS Office products, especially Excel
- Ability to learn other database programs and business computer systems as required
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Familiarity with International Trade Control terms and requirements (ECCN, HTS etc.)
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret complex regulations and standards
- Familiarity with root cause analysis and effective problem solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with global safety requirements and standards related to land-based heavy duty equipment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities according to dynamic business requirements
- An interest in global affairs, international trade relations, and the interaction of business with regulatory matters is a strong advantage in this role
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2785.54 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.