This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Engineering Platform Leader (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for an Engineering Platform Leader (m/f).
Job Reference #3151591
The engineering platform leader works within a matrix organizational structure to successfully execute the engineering product development plans and sustaining activities for an engine platform.
- Provide program specific leadership and decision-making to ensure platform prioritization, resource utilization and budget management
- Build and lead a high performing team, set clear direction, implement simplification where possible and reinforce the GE Beliefs
- Create and maintain an integrated program deck for the platform which incorporates requirements from Product Cost Out, New Product Development, CM&U and RCAs
- Ensure program execution, to deliver business case and ensure technical milestones are addressed and documented according to relevant internal processes and operating system
- Create and manage technology strategy and multi-generational technical plans with Advanced Technology team
- Support Marketing and Product Line Management in the formation of multi-generational product development plans and strategies
- Interface with Engineering Centers of Excellence to ensure timely and capable technical solutions for the platform
- Collaborate with key partners from GSCM, Service and Product Line Management to ensure cross functional control of product releases
- Assure timely release and maintenance of an accurate product technical data package, including BOM, drawings, specifications, standards, and application data
- Ensure that technical risks and reliability concerns are highlighted, managed and resolved with fully documented technical and mitigation evidence
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited University or college or equivalent experience
- Profound experience within new product development of Reciprocating engines
- A proven track record in program management of complex technical products
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Profound practical experience in engine development related to internal combustion engine systems with emphasis on overall system optimization
- MBA, MSc or PhD
- Organizational skills required to manage large, integrated programs
- Very good understanding of the reciprocating engines market
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to present key information and engage in business led discussions with executive management
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
- Problem solving and facilitation skills
- Ability to influence others and lead large, globally diverse teams towards common goals
- We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3501.99 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.