This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development.
Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Forecasting & Inventory Specialist (m/f)
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Forecasting & Inventory Specialist (m/f).
- Responsible for a wide group of Service Parts / Spare Parts Forecasting and Planning Process
- Ownership for identifying and updating the right products (Scope of supply on Service Parts), Spare Parts Segmentation and Spare Parts Life Cycle Management.
- Support implementation of forecasting tool and drive fine tuning set up
- Responsible for operational, strategic and tactical planning adjustments to guarantee Spare Parts availability and optimize turn rates with respect to inventory targets
- Inventory management control function on scope of supply / product portfolio, e.g. SMI
- Execute Planning Process (Forecast & Safety Stock Calculation) and drive metrics for performance measurement and controlling (Dashboard, Spare Parts Demand Analysis)
- Contributing in continuous improvement projects with respect to Spares Forecast, Planning and Fulfillment, e.g. Demand Planning, Spare Parts Forecast Accuracy
- Participation in cross-functional projects
- Regular interaction with Supply Chain, Engineering, Warranty, PLM functions to improve information flow, build a stronger forecasting process and react quickly.
- Strong support to work on events and pave the way to build a forecasting process based on both historical and events data
- Reporting and analysis to monitor constantly main forecasting areas
- Qualification in a technical field
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Experience in Service Spare Parts Management
- Experience in working with ERP systems, Microsoft Office and Technical Databases
- Flexibility and ability to work in structured manner, to handle stress and to set priorities
- Fluent in English and German, other additional languages is an advantage
- Strong customer service focus aligned to awareness of general business interests
- Strong supporter of changes
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2785.54 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.