Global Compensation and Benefits Leader (m/f)
Job Function: Human Resources
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach (AT), Waukesha (USA), Budapest (H) or Welland (CAN) or any other larger DP location
This role is a unique opportunity to build a progressive C&B function from the ground-up. The compensation leader is responsible for defining strategy, driving execution and managing operations related to Compensation and benefits for Distributed Power globally, as well as demonstrating the business impact of C&B practices.
You will be responsible for building up the stand-alone C&B capabilities for DP world-wide, setting the strategy, designing processes and supporting tools, selecting external partners as well as hiring internal resources as required.
In this role, you will:
- Define the set-up and the structure of C&B, which, with external partners, will deliver all required C&B activities across the globe
- Manage the transition from the existing C&B landscape (GE) to the new context and, using the transition, create a progressive, lean, business focused C&B function.
- Select providers, partners, systems, resources and implement new processes
- As required, hire internal resources, manage external vendor relationships
- Drive initiatives to attract and retain a diverse and highly skilled workforce for DP, and deliver a state of the art employee experience
- Establish KPI and metrics for driving business impact
- Manage the C&B related budget
- Bachelor’s Degree and profound, demonstrated C&B experience
- Familiarity with GE’s C&B practices and the energy industry is a plus
- Fluency in English is required, German is a plus
- Legal work authorization to work is required. GE will not sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future for this role.
- Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screening
- Willing to travel 10-20% of the time
- Willing to work out of a DP office located in Jenbach (AT), Waukesha (USA), Budapest (H) or Welland (CAN) or any other larger Distributed Power
Please note, additional information dependent on hiring location:
Austria: We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3501.99 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.Hungary: Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.
United States: GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.Desired Characteristics:
- Experience in leading high-performance regional/global C&B teams
- Broad understanding of progressive market practices and service providers
- Proven, strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and deliver under time pressure
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and across functions
- Subject Matter Expertise in the C&B domain and familiarity with all aspects of the C&B areas
- Proven ability to analyze business challenges and provide C&B solutions
- Employee experience focused
- Metrics driven thinking which aims direct business impact
- Ability to drive change and manage stakeholders in the process
- Sharing knowledge and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Building partnerships, using the trust created to provide effective relationships
The Distributed Power business, which includes the Jenbacher and Waukesha product lines, is a leading provider of engines, power equipment and services focused on power generation and gas compression at or near the point of use. Distributed Power offers a diverse product portfolio that includes highly efficient, fuel-flexible, industrial gas engines generating 200 kW to 10 MW of power for numerous industries globally. In addition, the business provides life-cycle support for more than 48,000 gas engines delivered worldwide to help you meet your business challenges and success metrics—anywhere and anytime. Backed by our service providers in more than 100 countries, Distributed Power‘s global service network connects with you locally for rapid response to your service needs. The Distributed Power business is headquartered in Jenbach, Austria.