This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Junior Controller (m/f)
Job Function: Finance
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
The Assistant Controller is responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls and process simplification. Partnering with finance and non-finance colleagues, using operational excellence to deliver accurate financial reporting and analysis.
- Support the DP global controller in providing Controllership support to the DP Finance
- Managers, Commercial and Operations leaders and their teams to ensure that the Controllership and Financial Accounting implications of transactions and other matters are identified and managed effectively.
- Provide oversight for the DP balance sheet. Establish and own review processes to monitor the DP balance sheet and identify/resolve any concerns arising. Support reviews of the DP Global Balance Sheet explaining significant movements and anomalies.
- Support the development standard operating procedures and effective policies in relevant areas, including monthly and quarterly close processes
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
- Provide support for CAS and KPMG audits as required
- Ensure the quality of accounts reconciliations and Balance Sheet analysis, to ensure the compliance and the integrity of the accounts
- Support the establishment of standard operating procedures related to processes impacting the financial statements
- Manage internal controls and self-assessment
- Review processes to improve overall efficiency
- A degree in accounting or finance and/or a recognised accounting qualification
- Proven experience in auditing, accounting or financial reporting
- Excellent communication skills - experience working across multiple levels, functions & regions
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2785.54 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- Oracle proficiency is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency of US accounting requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and adapt to change
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability