This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Lead Engine Controls Software Developer (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Lead Engine Controls Software Developer (m/f).
Lead and develop innovative control software solutions for our engine products.
- Develop high performing and highly reliable engine control algorithms and software solutions for our continuously growing product portfolio
- Lead and own the development of new engine control solutions from conceptual design phase to market introduction for a specific engine type/platform
- Built internal and external networks to other departments and customers to effectively understand market needs and translate it into clear requirements for the engine control system
- Contribute to the vision and mission of a standardized and modular control system for our variety of engine types/platforms
- Ensure highest software quality by consequently following the V-model-based software development processes
- Communicate and cooperate seamlessly and boundary-less in a global development team with colleagues located all over the world
- Master degree or PhD in control engineering or equivalent
- Strong work experience in developing control algorithms and software for reciprocating engines
- Deep knowledge and strong references on the work with PLC or ECU based engine control systems
- Professional background on model-based control design in MATLAB Simulink and MATLAB-based auto-code generation
- Profound expertise on the development of control solutions in alignment to the V-model process
- Innovative thinker, networker, and leader with significant experience on how to turn new ideas and concepts into successful products
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.