This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Lead Engineer Mechanical Analysis (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach near Innsbruck/Austria
We are looking for a Lead Engineer Mechanical Analysis (m/f),
You will work in a global engineering team to continuously improve our analysis capabilities for FEA, TVA, MBS and 1D-system simulation as well as the entire development process.
As the Lead Engineer Mechanical Analysis (m/f), you will:
- Provide technical consultation on the application of structural analysis tools to resolve product and customer issues, to meet the business priorities, throughout the Distributed Power business, across all platforms and functions
- Lead and provide the key technical direction to large projects with critical business impact
- Maintain an active role in developing and defining the state of the art analysis tools and processes to anticipate, apply, adapt or develop technologies for product introduction, quality, performance, cost improvements and problem resolution in meeting current and future business needs including adherence to schedules and estimated costs
- Support other GE businesses, internal & external customers, and suppliers as required
- Provide technical consultation to cross-functional teams throughout the business to improve or resolve manufacturing, product center, supplier, or field issues
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external GE customers using reports, records, and letters
- Use knowledge and expertise to market winning proposals in anticipation of business product needs
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect technology that gives the business a competitive advantage, as well as protecting the intellectual property rights of the company
- Provide technical guidance, direction and training to new and experienced engineers, specialists, technicians and co-ops for the use of thermal-structural analysis of ICE engine components, MBS & amp; TVA analysis, 0/1D-system simulation (valve & gear train, cooling & lubrication) and fatigue life assessment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Computer Science or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Proven experience in R&D of ICE, solid knowledge in mechanical analysis of engine components like valve train, gear train, crankdrive systems by means of FEA, 1D analysis, MBS analysis and familiar with assessment of dynamic systems as well as fatigue life assessment
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- Profound knowledge on CAE analysis and software (ANSYS, ABAQUS, FE-Safe, FEMFAT, GT-Suite, AVL-Excite, VEngine, Simpak)
- Profound knowledge on structural and dynamic simulations including fatigue assessment of steel alloys, cast irons and aluminum alloys
- Familiar with automated optimizations (i.e. shape, topology optimization,…)
- High degree of self-reliance and flexibility, excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to document, plan, market and manage programs that further the knowledge, understanding and capability of the business
- Problem analysis and resolution skills