Mikropausen und Urlaubserinnerungen im Job tragen zur langfristigen Erholung bei.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development.
Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Lead Engineer (m/f) - Structural Analysis
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Lead Engineer (m/f) - Structural Analysis.
Simulation is one of the key focus areas to ensure a robust engine design. Areas of simulation in GE Gas Engines division include linear/non-linear thermal-structural analysis, transient thermal and structural analysis, modal/dynamic analysis, multi-body system simulations on engine subsystem or system level as well as component fatigue assessment (HCF, LCF, TMF, fretting fatigue, etc).As an analyst, you will have responsibility for envisioning and driving simulations for new product & new technology projects in different aspects of gas engines technology and consult the development teams to obtain as much as possible design maturity right from beginning of a new product.You will closely work with the global engineering teams and as a part of this you are expected to:
- Perform FEA simulations using engineering analysis tools with clear focus on design and development
- Consult development teams with your expertise
- Define/support appropriate measurements and test plan for model validation
- Validate and improve simulation methods to enhance fidelity of simulation models
- Participate and drive product and project reviews to ensure high quality in simulation method & accuracy of results
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with significant relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical engineering
- In-depth knowledge of finite-element-analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Hands-on experience with contemporary simulation tools, preferably with ANSYS and AVL-Excite
- Familiar with automated optimizations
- Experience with programming and programming languages (APDL, Python)
- Skilled in use of MS-office (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Experience with CAD systems preferably CATIA and PRO-E
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, model and provide critical insight into complex physical phenomena
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with initiative and perseverance
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.Desired Characteristics:
- Enthusiastic engineer and analyst
- Experience in Gas Engines
- Experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial experience in IC engine design & development
- Experience FEA and MBS analysis