This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Lead Engineer Product Safety (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Lead Engineer Product Safety (m/f),
- Lead cross-functional teams to deliver resolution of product safety issues, including immediate risk containment measures, identification of causal factors, and defining and implementing technical and organizational improvements for new units and affected units already in service
- Execution and presentation of product safety reviews, and generation and update of safety risk analyses for new and existing products and safety-critical systems and components, to avoid hazards to persons throughout the product lifecycle
- Creation of system reliability and event scenario models of complex systems for the assessment of product safety risk
- Documentation and management reporting of product safety issues and resolutions per internal processes
- BSc or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or industrial engineering (Master preferred)
- Proved working experience in technical issue resolution e.g. in safety engineering, product engineering, reliability engineering or quality engineering; ideally in the machinery or combustion power plant industries
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams in a large organization to deliver focused problem-solving under pressure
- Ability to evaluate disparate information, distinguishing clearly for relevance, significance, and dependency; to draw accurate conclusions, and to create robust positions
- Ability to communicate accurately and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing. Proficiency in German is highly desirable
- Ability to judge outputs of calculation tools and computational or probabilistic modelling of complex systems with reference to context and assumptions
- Background knowledge of global safety regulations, standards and laws applicable to machinery or power plant
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.