Lead Mechanical Engineer (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer (m/f).Job reference #3092910
- Work within the Service Engineering organization in close cooperation with Technology and field Service organization.
- Lead the optimization of base frame, suspension and power transmission systems of fielded units.
- Lead issues resolution from failure analysis to solution deployment to field sites.
- Define and execute tests on laboratory and field gensets.
- Prepare written technical reports and present individual results and project progress within reviews, meetings and other forums within technology
- Bachelors/master degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering.
- Some years of working experience with reciprocating engines and/or genset systems rotating machinery or equivalent experience.
- Hands on attitude with capability to perform vibration measurements.
- Comfortable in an international environment and with good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.