Mikropausen und Urlaubserinnerungen im Job tragen zur langfristigen Erholung bei.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol -a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development.
Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Lead Mechanical Engineer (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer (m/f),
This high-impact engineering position will lead projects and activities required to develop best in class reciprocating gas engine generator sets over the entire product life cycle.
- Lead the development of the generator set packaging concept, including the frame, mounting, and driveline subsystems, from initial layout through to series production implementation.
- Working closely with other functions to reduced vibration considering the interactions and requirements from simulation and testing; develop anti-vibration technologies for both components and complete gensets.
- Own specification and design of generator set package in close cooperation with internal design team and external suppliers.
- Define development and validation plans for new product introduction, and lead investigation and resolution of structural vibration issues.
- Participate in design reviews for new product developments and root cause analyzes to present results and project progress.
- Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or similar specialization.
- Significant engineering experience in product development preferable in the area of industrial engines, generator sets or NVH.
- Proven decision-making and collaboration skills in high-pressure and time-sensitive situations.
- Willingness to travel to field sites, suppliers or other R&D offices.
- Comfortable working in an international environment and convincing oral and written communication skills in English.
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application).
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- German language skills