GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Lead Operational Controllership Analyst – R2R
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations EUR & RCIS
- Location(s): Hungary; Budapest
The Record to Report (R2R) Global Ops Finance European Team is a component of the Global Ops Finance Europe organisation. The R2R Global Ops Finance Europe team is in charge to provide support mainly related to the regular activities related to the closing of the books of GE’s affiliates across countries in Europe.
- Services scope include preparatory and closing activities in areas like Compensation & Benefit, Treasury, Commercial, Supply Chain, Other Asset and Liabilities, Cash&Banking, Payments, Closing & Reporting and Intercompany.
- Ownership for the trial balance of one or multiple ledgers in the region;
- Work with multiple process teams to ensure highest quality;
- Build strong partnerships with multiple stakeholders across functions;
- Provide commentary to the balance composition and variance to the consolidated balances;
- Provide support on various R2R related projects (e.g. simplification, system changes, new policies implementation);
- Managing the team’s activities including closing reporting and account reconciliation cycles ensuring high quality and timely delivery of financial information;
- Review, manage and co-ordinate the closing and account recs type activities that are completed in the process teams;
- Review reporting tasks (numerous DR, CR reports) on a monthly and quarterly basis in a timely manner and in high quality and respond to queries from US HQ;
- Ensure that internal controls and checkpoints are in place and are followed;
- Co-ordination and review of complex transactions and confirmation of the accounting treatment in Cross-business Schedules (CBS);
- Complete Balance Sheet analysis during and after the close on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Prepare materials and give training on technical accounting and other areas where knowledge gaps of the teams are identified;
- Liaise with Financial Planning & Analysis, Statutory team on various topics;
- Prepare the R2R dashboard and metrics;
- Completeness check of account reconciliations for the management entities in scope;
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the resolution of intercompany disconnects;
- Own and co-ordinate account reconciliation process;
- Co-ordination and review of complex transactions and confirmation of the accounting; treatment in Cross-business Schedules (CBS);
- Constantly support the simplification and standardization of GE;
- Support the Statutory and Tax teams during the relevant periods with timely and accurate data.
- Strong experience in accounting and audit/finance and proven ability to operate in a diverse operational and cultural environment is essential;
- Strong analytic skills and Controllership mindset;
- Knowledge of US GAAP;
- Fluent English;
- Excellent communication skills: experience with working with multiple stakeholders, functions and regions and ability to deliver message effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ability to learn how to use other internal and external finance applications;
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes;
- Ability to prioritize workload and show clear commitment to meeting reporting deadlines;
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.
- Proactive and energetic approach
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to drive different projects at the same time
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Achieving/Driving Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Detail & Accuracy
Locations: Hungary; Budapest
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.