Mit dem Fahrrad zur Arbeit zu fahren schont die Umwelt und bringt auch sonst einige Vorteile mit sich. Wer jetzt einen Lebenslauf hochlädt, kann mit ein bisschen Glück einen 500 €-Gutschein für Bike Point - Radsport Innsbruck gewinnen.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol -a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Mechanical Development Engineer: Powertrain (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Mechanical Development Engineer (m/f) to join our global development team.
Job Reference #3143361
- Working closely with other functions, lead the end-to-end development of Powertrain systems and components, from concept layout through to series production implementation
- Lead the on-time execution of projects in line with the DFSS & DFR principles, utilizing CTQ flow-downs and effective DFMEA’s to guide system developments and to drive the Design Validation Plans & Reporting (DVP&R) in line with the customer and product requirements
- Utilize Design of Experiments (DoE) to prepare and execute validation activities identified in the DVP&R, utilizing the full suite of on-site test facilities available (Component rigs, Single- & Multi-Cylinder engine tests) as well as targeted field testing
- Lead communications with both the internal manufacturing facilities, external sourcing departments and project management to ensure efficient project execution
- Drive the technical investigation and resolution of Fleet Reliability and Production/Supplier Quality issues by providing technical guidance and leadership at the component and system level
- Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or similar specialization
- Knowledge regarding the development and testing of reciprocating engines and their systems
- Knowledge of quality systems (ISO), tools (DFMEA; DVP) and techniques (DFSS, DFR) and their implementation into development projects
- You are comfortable in an international environment and have convincing oral and written communication skills in English (and preferably also German)
- Comfortable with presentation of detailed technical themes across a wide range of audiences
- Willingness to travel
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 2785.54 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.