Bildung & Karriere in Tirol hat bei großen Tiroler Unternehmen nachgefragt: Wie stehen momentan die Chancen auf eine Anstellung, welche Eigenschaften sollte man mitbringen und worauf wird bei der Bewerbung wert gelegt?
Mechanical Engineer – Generators (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer – Generators (m/f).
Job Reference #3143343.
Specify, improve, review and validate synchronous generators from various manufacturers with focus on the mechanical integration into gas engine gen sets.
- Lead the mechanical development & improvement of generators. Promote the communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, like development status, issues resolution and project execution
- Provide and assess multi-body dynamics simulations, durability analysis and lifetime predictions of system components by clear technical understanding. Evaluate load profiles and define the acceptance level for oscillations & vibrations of specific components
- Apply engineering design guidelines, design practices, and legal instructions based on regulations & standards to ensure efficient engineering and worldwide product compliance
- Execute continuous product improvements, cost reduction and root cause analysis. Provide technical information at generator component level. Accompany reliability engineers and sourcing quality engineers
- Assist requisition engineering to fulfill generator specific customer requirements
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and /or equivalent experience
- Significant working experience
- Knowledge of generator mechanical components, e.g. bearing (sleeve & anti-friction bearings), salient pole rotor, stator core and housing
- Experience with NVH, multi-body systems & finite element simulation tools
- Working knowledge of quality systems (ISO), tools (DFMEA; DVP) and techniques (DFSS, DFR)
- You are comfortable in an international environment and have convincing oral and written communication skills in both German and English for mid management reviews
- Willingness to travel
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.