Product Service Engineer (m/f)
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Product Service Engineer (m/f).
Product Service Engineering for Jenbacher Gas Engine Technology is the engineering support for the Service Organization in the MEATI region. The role is based in Jenbach, Austria but will require regular travel to the MEATI region. They will work together with Service on technical product issues, RCAs, CM&U and key customer initiatives. They will be the technical interface between the channel partners and the engineering team in Jenbach (Austria). The PSE is working with channel partners on technical support for customers and operators.
- Provide technical support/resolution to Jenbacher engine customers or channel partners, whose engines are installed in the MEATI region.
- Identify the customer issue, and work with headquarter tech support and engineering team for long and short-term corrective action.
- Develop our channel partners in the region in respect of technical competences, methods and site activities
- Lead technical meetings in the region with customers and channel partners to address business critical technical issues and corrective/preventive actions as well as to quantify commercial exposure.
- Quantify and predict business technical risk in the MEATI region to meet business cost of quality targets.
- Lead, manage and monitor the execution of short and long-term countermeasures with service team or channel partners.
- Support Root Cause Analyses and site investigations of equipment issues / failures and present findings updates to customer(s).
- Communicate fleet and product issues to engineering teams, commercial teams, and product line leaders to identify new opportunities and drive development of effective offerings.
- Participate in technical conferences as subject matter expert.
- Travel to customer sites to support/resolve critical and/or safety related field issues.
- Conduct regular regional visits to meet customers/partners to update on RCAs, issue resolution, emergent issue identification and development of partners and customers in order to increase engine availability/reliability
- Provide oversight of Key Customer Initiative report development, present report and recommendations to customers and partners
- Profound experience on Reciprocating Engine designing, operation, maintenance, or equivalent.
- Several years of experience in customer facing roles (Field Service, Project Management, …)
- Available for 30-50% travel time. (expected 1 month per quarter travel in the MEATI region)
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Functional knowledge of Reciprocating engine design, structure & operation.
- BS degree or above in a technical discipline (Mechanical/Electrical).
- Demonstrated ability to work with a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Self- starter.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Fluent both verbally and written in English.
- Commercial sensitivity with a focus on customer needs.
- Off-Hour availability for travel and customer meetings and supporting issue resolution
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.