This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development.
Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Project Engineer m/f Special & Non-Natural Gas Applications
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Project Engineer for Special and Non Natural Gas Applications (m/f).
- Engineering lead for gas engine projects focusing on Non Natural Gas (NNG = Bio-, Landfill-, Waste-, Wood and Processgase)
- Engine and controls concept development for customer specific applications
- Define and execute field tests at customer sites, on Technology test benches and assist commissioning on NNG engines
- Support sales and service department on NNG projects
- Close cooperation with design, mechanical-, performance engineering, test benches and service department
- Prepare special releases for NNG projects
- Strong Technical support of the sales team during the ITO phase
- Further development NNG engine portfolio
- Combustion simulation: E.g. the ignition delay at the given boundary conditions for different gas mixtures
- Use NNG tools (design tool, reaction kinetics)
- Derive standard solutions for new projects from specific applications
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in mechanical or process engineering, physics or similar
- Several years of experience in thermodynamic and internal combustion engines, or similar
- Systems thinking: Understanding of customer applications and integrated engine solutions
- High customer focus and willingness for international travel
- Previous experience with 1D Simulation software is preferred
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Self-starter and able to work independently
A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.