This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies.
You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Senior EHS Leader (m/f) for Projects & Services
Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria, Germany; Jenbach, Frankenthal
The Senior EHS Leader forProjects & Services will demonstrate accountability for functional,business, and broad company objectives as a front-line services manager for theJenbach Gas Engine product line. In this role, you will integrate and developprocesses that meet business needs across the organization, manage complexissues within functional area(s) of expertise.
- Serve as keybusiness EHS point of contact for Jenbach Gas Engine product installations andservices
- Main countryscope is Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Netherlands and Spain
- Lead EHSprograms and projects & provide day-to-day EHS support for serviceactivities
- Develop andprovide EHS related trainings
- Interface &collaborate with subsidiaries and partners to ensure EHS standards are met
- Providedirect support to regional General Manager, Service Directors, ServiceManagers, Project Managers, and Field Engineers for all aspects of field work
- Cooperate withthe OneEHS regional managers and media experts to ensure consistent applicationof programs and solicit support when needed
- Lead & performsystematic audits and coordinate with regional shared services to completeaudits of EHS activities in the region
- Input andtrack Gensuite applications (Action Tracking System, Compliance Calendar,Events, etc.) for the assigned region.
- Manageprograms to support key performance indicators such as concern and nearreporting, audit finding and compliance task closure, training completion
- ProvideCommercial Operations / Sales teams with technical interpretation and review ofcontracts and work instructions and support lighthouse projects
- Support andparticipate in customer meetings
- Providecustomers with requested pre-qualification information and work with ITO groupon third party qualifications
- Ensurecustomer requirements for construction turnkey and outages are identified andaddressed during the EHS pre-planning process and through project completion
- Collaboratewith customers, subsidiaries, partners and GE Security teams to ensure projectsafety plans are developed and implemented
- Bachelor’sdegree in occupational safety and health from an accredited college oruniversity (or equivalent knowledge or experience)
- Profound experiencein undertaking environmental, health and safety risk reviews, projectmanagement, and the production of metrics and reports
- ProfessionalEHS certification & experience in EHS management systems e. g. OHSAS 18001,ISO 14001
- Ability tosimultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust tochanging priorities and to make decisions with speed and accuracy based onavailable information
- Priorexperience in preparing government submissions and demonstrated effectiveinteraction with regulatory agencies and senior business leaders
- Ability towork within a globally diverse, cross- functional, internal and external teamacross different time zones
- Fluent in English and German languages
- A valid workpermit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: pleaseattach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3501,99 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
- Prior EHSexperience in the power plant / reciprocating engine business
- Strongpresentation and negotiation skills
Bezirk Schwaz (Jenbach, Österreich)
Deutschland (67227 Frankenthal (Pfalz), Deutschland)
Absolventen (Uni, FH, o.ä.), Trainee
Consulting / Projekt- und Prozessmanagement
|Erforderliche Sprache||Deutsch, Englisch|