This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. You can expect to join a diverse team, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future. GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Senior Group Controller (m/f)
Job Function: Finance
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
The Senior Group Controller is responsible for leading and driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls and process simplification. Key partner for finance and non-finance colleagues, using operational excellence to deliver improved and accurate financial reporting and analysis.
Job reference #3098269
• KPMG audit management and reporting difference US GAAP or IFRS to local STAT
• VAT compliance to ensure VAT reporting happens accurately and timely
• Provide controllership leadership to new ERP implementations
• Partner with the technical controller to ensure all transactions are accounted in line with correct technical understanding
• Understand and validate the quality of financial information across all business processes to confirm the accuracy of reported information
• Establish and own review processes to monitor the balance sheet and identify/resolve any concerns arising. Support Balance Sheet reviews explaining significant movements and anomalies
• Support the development standard operating procedures and effective policies in relevant areas, including monthly and quarterly close processes as well as operational processes.
• Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
• Provide business training to ensure compliance with applicable global and regional policies
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and very strong financial and accounting work experience
• Multi-year experience in accounting, financial reporting, quarterly and year-end closing
• working knowledge of local tax requirements• Good understanding of financial compliance: GAAP/IFRS, Local STAT; SOX
• Fluency in English
• Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
• Excellent communication skills and assertiveness: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information
• Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills, PowerPoint
• A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
• CPA/ ACCA qualification or Big4 experience
• Oracle proficiency
• Lean Six Sigma