This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol -a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development.
Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.
Senior Mechanical Development Engineer (m/f)
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Development Engineer (m/f) with a proven track record of delivering major programs to join our global core engine development team. Jobreference #3123978
- Working closely with other functions, lead the end-to-end development of engines, mechanical systems and components, from concept layout through to series production implementation. Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to senior engineering leadership, platform management teams and our own internal mechanical systems development group. Foster productive working team relationships cross discipline in order to facilitate the successful execution of engine and systems developments.
- Drive the on-time execution of multiple projects, successfully identifying and developing technical solutions, protecting intellectual property (IP) and mitigating technical & product risks in line with the DFSS & DFR principles. Utilizing CTQ flow-downs and effective DFMEA’s, guide top-down development and bottom-up Design Validation Planning & Reporting (DVP&R) to demonstrate success in achieving the product requirements as well as all applicable technical regulations and standards, EHS compliance and IP clearance. Provide guidance throughout these programs to lead engineers and engineers to abate the identified technical and program risks.
- Utilize Design of Experiments (DoE) to prepare and execute validation activities identified in the DVP&R, utilizing the full suite of on-site test facilities available (Component rigs, Single- & Multi-Cylinder engine tests) as well as targeted field testing. Review and approve written technical reports within the responsible programs and/or technical field.
- Lead the preparation process for project design reviews (DR), ensuring all relevant DR action items are closed prior to the review and driving the involvement and engagement with Chief Engineers
- Lead communications with both the internal manufacturing facilities, external sourcing departments and project management to ensure efficient project execution
- Drive the technical investigation and resolution of Fleet Reliability and Production/Supplier Quality issues by providing technical guidance and leadership at the component, system and engine/genset levels.
- Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or similar specialization.
- The candidate will have a proven track record of delivering the complete development cycle of engines and/or complex sub-systems on major reciprocating engine programs. These should incorporate complex, cross functional requirements management through to successful serialization/delivery.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver innovative and successful solutions to complex customer requirements and/or mechanical engineering challenges.
- Detailed knowledge regarding the validation and successful release of reciprocating engines and/or complex sub-systems, with specialist knowledge and experience within multiple core engine development areas (Systems engineering, Structures, Powertrain, Tribology etc.).
- Knowledge of quality systems (ISO), tools (DFMEA; DVP) and techniques (DFSS, DFR) and their implementation into development projects. Knowledge about state-of the-art analytical tools and processes that are to be used in support of the design and development process.
- You are comfortable in an international environment and have convincing oral and written communication skills in English (and preferably also German). Comfortable with presentation of detailed technical themes across a wide range of audiences.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3501.99 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.