Senior Software Architect – Digital Thread (m/f)
Job Function: Digital Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Senior Software Architect – Digital Thread (m/f).
Job Reference #3163418
- Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan for a business wide digital thread
- Supervise the technical implementation of our one-PLM System project to enable the digital thread across our product portfolio
- Lead the research and evaluation of third party technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities
- Defining the architecture and standards for a company wide data lake, central hubs and interfaces between various applications
- Create the concepts to enable business analytics (BI) and reporting capabilities
- Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams)
- Apply related software development standards, guidelines, design practices and legal instructions to design reliable and compliant products.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and supervise and guide software developers.
- Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout their domain and strong skill to connect people throughout multiple departments
- Bachelors/master’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related.
- Strong technical experience with software implementation and architectural design
- Very strong experience in designing or deploying applications at scale using highly available architecture patterns on public cloud providers like as Amazon, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with PDM /PLM systems like Enovia or PTC Windchill
- Experience with Large scale distributed platform experience with SOA, Microservices, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Data architecture of scalable analytic and visualization platforms like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Greenplum, Talend, Python, R, streaming analytics
- Experience with modern data storage engines for timeseries and relational data in distributed environments like Cassandra and Postgres/Mysql
- Knowledge regarding software development and related processes (Agile)
- Affinity to design software on a high quality and maintainability level
- A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
- Experience with Statistical and analytic programming design and technologies (Matlab, R, etc.)
- Familiarity in dealing with large time series data sets (Big Data)
- Experience with Tableau or other reporting tools
- Experience with frontend development and Digital Hub concepts
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits. According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3501.99 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol -a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.