Senior Technical Project Manager – Engineering Operations (m/f)
Job Function: Digital Technology
Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Austria; Jenbach
We are looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager – Engineering Operations (m/f).
Job Reference #3147876
As Sr Technical Project Manager – Engineering Operations for Distributed Power, you will lead DP’s projects in the Engineering Operations & -Finance space. The domain of matter covers and is not limited to: time vouchering, financial- & project planning / -monitoring.
Initial projects will focus on transitioning existing GE based platforms to Distributed Power specific hosting opportunities or find alternative solutions in case a one to one swap is not reasonable / deemed not fruitful.
• Manage transition projects, re-hosting GE centric solutions (based on GE tech stack & relying on shared service organizations) on DP tailored hosting opportunities
• Evaluate, prepare and suggest alternative solutions in case one to one swaps are not possible / reasonable
• Assist to refine DP’s hosting opportunities & preferred tech stack
• Bear end-to-end project management responsibility: scope- & delivery-, resources-, contract-, budget-, priority- & risk management
• Identify- & report foreseen challenges early on and propose alternative options
• Interface between external partners and internal customers (all levels – project members, key stakeholders, functional leadership, management)
• Strong liaison with Engineering Operation Managers and functional experts of sub domains
• Ensure proper support hand-over and adequate long-term support strategies to be defined, agreed, implemented & followed
• Lead management report outs – demonstrate project status, risks incl. risk mitigation plans, budget adherence
• Adhere to GE principles (incl. but not limited to project management-, application hosting-, infrastructure-, security guidelines)
• Assist Distributed Power’s PMO team to fine adjust DP’s brand new PMO framework
• Experience in the following domains: Project-, financial- & resource planning / -monitoring, time vouchering, demand forecasting
• Experience with the following tools: ORACLE EBS (WIP, CFG – optional), myTime / Cronos
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Experience in Project- / Program Management
• A valid work permit for Austria is a prerequisite for this position (Non-EU citizens: please attach the work permit to the application)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects
• Familiar with Agile / Scrum
• Ability to document, plan, market and execute projects.
• Green Belt certified
• Leadership Training Program Experience (IMLP, OMLP, FMP)
• Lean or Agile experience
• PMP / ITIL certified
• Strong, demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction
We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.
According to Austrian law, job postings need to include the minimum salary for a position. For this position, the minimum salary based on the collective agreement is EUR 3192.58 gross per month. We will be pleased to discuss the appropriate effective salary based on your qualifications and experience.
This position is based in the center of the Alps, in Tyrol - a region that provides a pleasant variety of recreational opportunities and a high quality of life. We are passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which offers comprehensive and international career opportunities and is known for leadership development. Our more than 1,500 employees at our location Jenbach are working in a collaborative way to power the future.
GE’s reciprocating engines business sets an industry standard for fuel flexibility, lower emissions and higher efficiency. It specializes in developing local power near or at the point of use and gas compression solutions that deliver environmental friendly, more efficient, more affordable power to customers around the world.